The below message and linked documents are sent on behalf of the South Central Public Health Network.
The South Central Public Health Network is coordinating COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics in the region for students/youth 5-18 years of age only. All children under 18 years of age, must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Registration for these clinics are online only. Walk-ins are not permitted. Vaccine supplies are limited. Please register early.
11/16/2021, 4:00 – 8:00 PM Regional Students Vaccine Clinic at Hampstead Central School, 21 Emerson Ave. in coordination with the Hampstead School District. The last day to register is Monday, November 15 by noon. CLINIC CODE: HRS1351
11/20/2021, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM Regional Students Vaccine Clinic at Pinkerton Academy Field House, 32 N. Main St. Derry. The last day to register is Friday, November 19 by noon. CLINIC CODE: PRS1351
If you are interested in having your child vaccinated at one of the South Central Public Health Regional COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics, please review the following documents attached. These documents MUST be reviewed prior to registering your child:
- VINI Quick Reference Guide – Registration and Appointment Scheduling are done through VINI – the State managed Vaccine Management System: https://vini.nh.gov/providers/s/. VINI works best with Chrome, Safari, Edge, and Mozilla Firefox. VINI is not compatible with Internet Explorer.
- NH DHHS Notice of Privacy Practices
- Pfizer 5 through 11 Fact Sheet for Recipients and Caregivers-COVID-19 Vaccine Please review the Fact Sheet that is age-appropriate for your child.
- Pfizer 12 and up Fact Sheet for Recipients and Caregivers-COVID-19 Vaccine Please review the Fact Sheet that is age-appropriate for your child.
- Consent to Administer COVID-19 Vaccine to a Person Under the Age of 18 Years – Parents/legal guardians must review this form and consent to having their child vaccinated. When registering your child, you will electronically consent in the system, and verbally consent in person at the clinic. A paper form is not needed when the parent accompanies their child to the clinic.
- After Visit Summary and Recommendations for Vaccine Recipients – What to expect after the shot.
- V-safe information sheet – an optional smartphone-based tool that uses text messaging and web surveys to provide personalized health check-ins after your COVID-19 vaccination.
If you have any questions or concerns about your child receiving the vaccine after reviewing these documents, please contact your child’s pediatrician or healthcare provider. Some pediatricians’ offices are now offering the vaccine to their patients. Additionally, vaccines may be offered at local pharmacies. Search for pharmacy availability at: www.vaccines.gov.
Additional Information for Parents/Legal Guardians registering their child to receive a COVID-19 vaccine at a South Central Public Health Vaccine Clinic:
- These clinics are for students/youth ages 5 to 18. The Pfizer Vaccine will be administered to all vaccine recipients. Adult primary series, boosters, or 3rd shots will not be given.
- Masks are required at all Vaccine Clinics.
- IMPORTANT: Have your child drink fluids to stay hydrated before arriving to the clinic.
- If an adult family member who is not the Parent/Legal Guardian, is accompanying the child to the Clinic, they MUST bring a signed paper Consent Form from the Parent/Legal Guardian. Vaccines will not be given to children without paper or verbal consent from their Parent/Legal Guardian. Paper Consent Forms are not necessary at the Clinic when Parents/Legal Guardians are accompanying their own children.
- Parents/Legal Guardians will be asked to present their own identification.
- Please have your child wear clothing with easy arm access.
- Bring your child’s favorite small toy, book, blanket, or other comfort item.
- Clinic Staff will not restrain your child to administer the vaccine.
- Consider having your child sit on your lap when being vaccinated.
- After your child receives the shot, you will be asked to wait with your child in the Observation Area for 15-30 minutes in case of any immediate side effects to the vaccine. Please see the After Visit Summary and Recommendations document for additional information.
- Second-dose clinics have been scheduled exactly 3 weeks after the first-dose clinics. Additional registration information will be provided at the first-dose clinic.
REGISTRATION INFORMATION – VINI Quick Reference Guide attachment–Registration and appointment scheduling are done through VINI – the State managed Vaccine Management System: https://vini.nh.gov/providers/s/. VINI works best with Chrome, Safari, Edge, and Mozilla Firefox. VINI is not compatible with Internet Explorer. As a Parent/Legal Guardian, you may add your child to your own VINI account, avoiding the need for each child to register under their own unique email address.
- EXISTING Parent/Legal Guardian VINI Account: If you have an existing account established in VINI, you can add a child/dependent to your account. Please refer to the VINI Quick Reference Guide: Adding Family Members to an Existing VINI Account for specific instructions.
- NEW VINI Account needed: If you do not have an existing VINI account, go to https://vini.nh.gov/providers/s/ to create an account. Refer to the VINI Quick Reference Guide: Creating a New VINI Account for specific instructions.
- You may create your own account then add your child as a dependent or create an account specifically for your child with a unique email address.
- All options will require you to answer screening questions about your child and provide consent before registering.
SCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT IN VINI – All appointments must be scheduled through VINI. These Regional Clinics are considered Private Clinics and have their own unique Clinic Code.
11/16/2021 Regional Students Vaccine Clinic at Hampstead Central School – CLINIC CODE: HRS1351
11/20/2021 Regional Students Vaccine Clinic at Pinkerton Academy – CLINIC CODE: PRS1351
CLINIC CODES must be entered as stated to ensure that the correct clinic shows up when searching.
- If scheduling an appointment for your child that has been added to your VINI account, refer to the VINI Quick Reference Guide: Scheduling an Appointment for a Family Members for specific instructions.
- If scheduling an appointment for your child with their own VINI account, refer to the VINI Quick Reference Guide: Scheduling an Appointment for Dependents with Their Own Account.
If you are not able to keep your scheduled appointment, please cancel immediately in VINI to allow for another to take your spot.